Guest lecturer (3 lectures), 16.485 – Visual Navigation for Autonomous Vehicles, MIT, 2019
Other professional service
Session chair, American Control Conference (ACC), 2018
Session organizer, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2016
I am a member of the MIT LIDS mentoring committee, supporting efforts to foster inclusive opportunities for growth. With the same goal, Cesar Uribe, Francisco James, and I co-founded the MIT LIDS post-doc committee in 2018. Ultimately, our purpose is to cultivate environments that empower all students towards their goals for self-actualization, both as scientists and as human beings. Please reach out to me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant videos, articles and books I have enjoyed:
- How To Speak, by Patrick Winston;
- How to Build a Motivated Research Group, by Uri Alon;
- Thoughts on Mentoring the Research Process, by Jonathan P. How;
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol S. Dweck;
- John Donahoe: Dump the Myth of the High Achiever, by Luke Stangel;
- Tomorrow’s Professor Postings, by Richard M. Reis.
Excellent lists of more articles, books, and videos have been created by:
- Uri Alon, on nurturing scientists;
- Radhika Nagpal, on diversity, research life, activism, and more;
- Philip Guo, on PhD life, internships, faculty job applications, and more;
- Jelena Kovačević, on preparing for faculty job applications;
- John Tsitsiklis, on paper writing.