I care for a trustworthy collaborative autonomy in dynamic, interactive, and adversarial environments. I care for impact on safety-critical applications that necessitate this goal, such as:
- multi-target tracking, search and rescue, and persistent monitoring/surveillance;
- safe navigation of self-driving vehicles in crowded cities or extraterrestrial environments;
- failure-prone/attack-susceptible satellite networks and flying multi-rotor vehicles.
To this end, I aim for a technological convergence between:
- “cyber” capabilities for a distributed intelligence, driven by online learning for perception, (inter)action prediction, planning, and control, and
- “physical” capabilities of novel self-reconfigurable aerospace systems.
I build on tools of learning, perception, control, as well as, of combinatorial, non-convex optimization, and of computational complexity, with the goal to:
- identify fundamental optimization limits;
- develop provably optimal algorithms;
- build novel robotic platforms;
- apply the research outcomes.